Wednesday, November 28, 2007

BIRTHDAY GREETINGS FROM MY BELOVEDS.

My 65th birthday is the most memorable one in my life and it will go down to my memory lane. My daughter as usual was the first to greet me "Happy Birthday, Pa" on that early morning. In the birthday card, there were the names of my beloved wife, children, their husband and wife and would you believe it, the names of our four pets which did not miss the greetings too. It was a Sunday when our regular " rummy kakis" were playing at our house. Out of the blues, this little girl known as Huong Huong greeted me with the birthday song followed by her parents too. "Houng Houng is the pet of our family and a favourite to my daughter and her husband. They will never fail to bring her out for some bites. "Houng Houng was particularly impatient this Sunday, so she called and asked my son-law's whereabouts but she was shocked to hear that he was in Kuala Lumpur attending to his company's conference.

My daughter represented the rest of the family members treated me to a wonderful "Birthday" dinner. Well, she does it every year on behalf of the family members who are scattered all over the world. To top it all, I received a most memorable call from my son, his wife and my two year old grand-daughter greeting me "Happy Birthday" in Cantonese from San Deigo the next day as it was the 25th of November there. Can you imagine, my grand-daughter who is only two years plus greeted me in Cantonese after her father and before mother. She could pronounce so accurately. To be frank, I have never felt so happy in my whole life. Lastly, I received another surprise e-mailled greeting from the "Badminton Central Forum" on the same day.

With such lovable families and friends around me, I am looking forward to more birthdays similar to this year to come. I am so, so proud as a father, father-in-law and grand-father to know that these people always care for my well-being.



No comments: