Tuesday, February 5, 2008

GOD IS EVERYWHERE.

A miracle had happened to me when I was a young kid of eight years old. I knew that I was dying with my physical conditions getting from bad to worse. The only place where I could move around was tiny little space beside the bed. I didn't have the energy to lift myself up from the bed. Life for me was too tormenting and there was nobody to turn to for assistance. At that point of time, I knew that I should pray for the Lord's mercy to cure me from my sickness . My prayers were answered. All of the sudden, I could see the clouds open and there was my guardian angel flapping her wings, keeping a watch over me assuring me that I would be all right. Two days later, I could get up from bed by myself without any aids. I was then too young to realise that our Lord, Jesus Christ had sent an angel to check on me.

As a teenager of sixteen years, I had always thought that no one was right except me. I didn't want to listen to the advice given by the elders. Just like the other kids, I would follow them to a mining pool where we used to have a quick dip before going back to our respective homes. During one of those occasions, I jumped and swam to the middle of the mining pool which unknown to me was an undercurrent movement that pulled me down almost reaching the bottom of it. I had only a few seconds of air left in my lungs before catching another breath. I could see the weeds moving in all directions. Out of the blues, I felt someone grabbed hold of my hair pulling me out of the water just in time to catch some breaths. I would have been a goner if not for the quick action of my friend whom I felt grateful to him for saving my life. It was a narrow escape but I believed I was still wanted in this world.

Believe me, people used to say one could not be a third time lucky so don't ever stake one's lives against risky chances. I am still suffering from hypertension with high chlolesterol . It was due to my irregular intakes of my medication, my blood pressure reading shot up sky high (210/120) and my cholesterol level was beyond around 9. I was hospitalised for a second stroke. This time, I felt that the right side of my body from the mouth to the leg was slightly paralysed. I could not move normally. The doctors put me drips, so to say, to bring down my blood pressure. The hit was really bad. I thought that I would remain in that conditions for the rest of my life. Suddenly, I felt something serene in a white apparition flying over my head while I was lying motionless in the hospital bed. I told myself that I was indeed very lucky that my guardian angel was beside me again in time of needs. Since then I began to recover slowly but steadily. Although I still experience walking difficulties but I am blessed that except for my right leg, the sensation has returned to my right hand and mouth. One thing for sure is that I cannot afford to take things for granted instead I should be more careful in future.

No matter what other people say, God is everywhere. If one prays hard, He will answer one's needs.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.