Monday, February 4, 2008

INSPIRATIONAL ADVICE.

This friend of mine whom I have known for more then twenty-five years told me today. "You should not feel hapless forever because of your disability. In fact, there is nothing much to worry about but to discipline and instil into yourself with the undying faith that you would be able to overcome your "so-called problems". If you look around yourself, you are very much better than many people. Your children have all grown up and independent. What's that you are worrying about? Like myself, I still have to support my four schooling children whereas your three children can look after themselves. As I know that they are very supportive in all respects. Why don't you make a resolution for this year by taking a walk at least three times weekly, beginning at a slow pace and increase it gradually. Get some early fresh air outdoor and I can guarantee that you'll be all right after two months. So then, the next time when I call you out for a coffee break, you will be able to drive and don't depend on me to pick you up from your house". If I were narrow-minded and sensitive, I would have the impression that he was tired of fetching me from my house but in actual fact. he is trying his level-best to inspire in me that I should not be dependable on others but myself. "Never worry worries until worries worry you" still remains ringing in my ears until today.

With such inspirational advice, I must not fail him but to proceed by aiming for the best possible results, that is, to be independent again. Can I do it?? Why not, another proverb which says that "if there is a will, there is always a way." I believe that most failures are caused by mankind themselves.

When I looked around the park, I noticed one unfortunate man swinging his right leg and left hand while walking. The poor fellow had a bad stroke but he still walks every morning to improve his stamina and physical conditions. There was another lady who initially looked like a "vegetable" and could not walk without the support of her husband. After two months, we saw that she was able to walk without any assistance from her husband. These were the examples which I saw with my own eyes.

I always have the bad habits of postponing things and in the end, I don't achieve anything at all. I must start somewhere, somehow whether I like it or not to improve my physical conditions. Let me report back to you after two months from now.


















No comments: